1) The thumb is the closest digit to you, so start praying for those who are closest to you. They are the persons easiest to remember. To pray for our dear ones is a “sweet obligation”
2) The next finger is the index finger. Pray for those who teach you, instruct you and heal you. They need the support and wisdom to show direction to others. Always keep them in your prayers.
3) The middle finger is the tallest. It reminds us of our leaders and those who have authority. They need God’s guidance.
4) The fourth finger is the ring finger. It may surprise you that it is our weakest finger. It should remind us to pray for the weakest; the sick, the marginalised, those plagued by problems. They need your prayers.
5) And finally we have our smallest finger. This should remind you to pray for yourself.
When you have finished praying for the other four groups, you will be able to see your own needs, but in the proper perspective. It will enable you to pray for your own needs in a better way.