Here are more details of opportunities to make this time a special preparation for Holy Week and Easter:-
1. "Walk With Me" - These booklets contain short meditations for each day of Lent and are available for just 50p (half price!) from the shop or the newspaper table.
2. "Soup and Scripture" - Fr. Tim McGrath will be giving short talks on a Lenten theme each Friday in Lent (starting on 16th) at 1.30pm at the Cornerstone on Charles St. Soup and a roll will be served (no fixed charge - just a donation)
3. Lent Talks - Here in St. David’s Chapel at 7.30pm each Tuesday (starting on 20th) hosted by the Prayer Group. This newsletter will publicise other opportunities to do something extra for your life of prayer or knowledge of the faith.
4. Organ Recital season resumes, first one starts at 7pm Thursday 22nd February. - St Peter's RC Church Cardiff organist Peter Clark will play some music by JS Bach, Carlotta Ferrari, Keith Bernard, and other composers with some Lenten flavour. FREE admission, retiring collection appreciated. ALL are welcome.
5. This year's Seder Meal will be hosted by St. Alban's at 7pm on Tuesday 27th March.
6. Stations of the Cross - Here in church at 6.30pm every Friday.
7. Taizé evening with Confessions here in St. Peters on Thursday 22nd March at 7pm.
8. Deanery Station Mass for Lent celebrated by Archbishop George at St. Brigid’s, Crystal Glen
(CF14 5QN) at 7pm on Wednesday 28th February.
9. 40 Days for Life- Can you give half an hour or more to join the prayer vigil opposite the Elgin House abortion clinic in St. Mary’s Street from 11am to 4pm? The vigil is on every day of Lent. It would help to phone Janet Thomas on 07901 713077 to let her know you’re coming.
10. Adoremus Retreat Day
Saturday 17th March from 10.30 to 3pm at St. David's College, Ty Gwyn Rd. This day of recollection is recommended especially to our Eucharistic Ministers as well as the delegates attending the Eucharistic Congress in Liverpool .. see details below
To prepare for this historic event, the Archdiocese of Cardiff invites everyone to a preparation day which will seek to explore the Sacrament of the Eucharist as meal, as sacrifice and as real presence. The day will offer reflections, an opportunity for imaginative contemplation and time for adoration before the Blessed Sacrament. It is free of charge and is open to people of all faiths and no faith. Registration is at 10am . Lunch will be provided. To attend phone Christian Mahoney on 07764 515864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Peter's Presbytery, St Peter's Street, Roath, Cardiff, CF24 3BA
E-mail: email@example.com - Phone: 02920 483394 - Fax: 02920 451535